Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Can You Heal Your Heart


According to Louise Hay, we have to recognize and acknowledge what our perceived problem is, and then assess what the mental or emotional cause may be. Spend some time becoming aware of what your anxieties, pains, and concerns are. What is preventing you from happiness? From love? From living?

After you have acknowledged a few things that you would like to improve, it is time to change your language. Instead of using the negative language, ‘I can’t’ ‘I won’t’ ‘I should have’, turn them into positive. An example Hay gives is as follows:

I don’t want to be fat. I don’t want to be broke. I don’t want to have this relationship.

And we should change our language pattern, such as: I look prosperous, I can be rich. I can have a wonderful new relationship.

By changing the language that you use with yourself and others, all of these situations become manageable, and less of a burden. It is important to continually use these positive words to retrain our mind, and heart.